FAQ's Mobile Based Tester
How can I register for Model Based Testing Level exam?
- Check the examination schedule for your city.
- Fill the Online Registration Form .
- You will get your Reg. Number. You would immediately receive a confirmation mail in your Personal ID along with further instructions.
- As per instructions proceed with payment procedures. If you are doing the payment through Demand Draft then the DD needs to be taken in favor of “SOFTWARE TESTING CERTIFICATION BOARD”, it should be payable at 'NEW DELHI' You have to send the DD to our Noida Office, click here for address
- You have to send a copy of all Adv. Level eligibility documents along with the DD to our ITB Office.
- You will be informed of the timing and procedure of the examination. Appear for the examination on the designated date, time and venue.
- Please do not forget to bring a photo identity (Passport, Driving License, Election Card etc.) with you when you appear for the examination.
Shall I contact the exam centre for Registration & Payment related queries?
No, Exam Centers are only for taking the exams. No enquiries will be entertained at the exam centers. For any queries related with examination, registration process, payment process etc. you have to contact ITB Noida Office. You have to send the payment for exam fees to the office address only. click here for Contact Information
What is the exam format?
The MBT Level exam consists of approximately 40 multiple choice questions of 1 point each. An exam amounts to 40 points total, of which 65% (26 points) must be attained in order to pass. The exam is a closed book exam. You have 75 minutes to finish.
Is there any negative marking?
There is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Does everybody take the exact same exam?
No. The questions come from an international pool of questions and are being combined differently such that the exam itself changes constantly while the level of difficulty remains comparable. New questions are constantly being developed by the members of all national boards and the various working parties.
Can I take the exam online?
NO, MBT Level exam is not available Online at the moment.
When will my result be declared?
Results will be declared after two weeks of the exam date. All the candidates will get individual mails with scores and status. Passing candidates will receive their certificate within eight weeks.
What is the refund policy?
Once the registration has been done there can't be any refund. However change in examination date or venue is permitted provided it is done at least one month in advance.
What is the examination fee to reappear for the exam if one fails in first attempt?
The examination fee for re-appearing for the same sub-level of Advanced Level exam is Rs. 2,875/- )(Service Tax Included).
Is there any validity period for this certification?
The ISTQB Certified Tester-MBT Level certificate is valid for Lifetime.
Is there any study material for this exam?
The Syllabus & The Glossary is the only material provided for the examination. Please go through the syllabus, you can refer to any testing books for your preparation. Please see http://istqb.in/index.php/model/resources/downloads
Do I have to take a course in order to take the exam?
No. The Indian Testing Board will administer the exam independent of any courses. You may take the exam at any of the locations published on the ITB website. Courses can be taken to prepare for the exam, and ISTQB compliant courses are being offered by ISTQB accredited training providers. In this case, the ITB will send a representative to administer the exam directly following the course per an agreement it has with ISTQB accredited training companies.
Can I use the ISTQB Certified Tester logo on my resume?
People possessing an ISTQB® MBT level Certificate may use the Certified Tester Agile Extn Level logo in their resumes
To Download ISTQB Certified Tester MBT Level logo, please click here